This recipe is from CHEF ANNA Olsen’s “OH YUM” YouTube Channel, posted below. Nothing is changed from her recipe except the sequence of ingredients added in her bread dough preparation.
An all time favorite at home with Summer and children, as well as adults (although we really shouldn’t indulge! ).
We are re-writing the steps here for our young ones when they want to make their own.
This recipe takes about 3 hours to make as bread need time to rise. So best baked this when there is no rush or schedules to meet.
BREAD DOUGH ( the sequence is different from video)
- 1 1/4 Cup Warm 2% Milk ( heat slightly above body temperature – can feel warm when touch)
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter ( Melt butter first then pour into 1/4 Cup for easier measurement)
- 1/4 Cup Granular Sugar (or Fine sugar) – stir first in above warm mixture
- 2 1/4 teaspoon Instant Yeast (about one sachet packet) – don’t stir
- 3 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt ( salt should not come in contact with yeast, thus lastly added)
While this is being knead in the mixer (use hook), its good time to clean up any mess on the counter before the ants come. In our indoor garden home, we always keep a weary eye out for ants as they host pests!
Pour bread dough into an oiled container and cling wrapped twice, before placing in a warm place. We skipped the part about kneading to a round shape to avoid more cleaning up!
Let the bread rise until at least double in size, about 90 minutes or 2 hour. Closer to the next knead time, we need to prepare the glue and filling first.
STICKY SWEET GLUE PREPARATION – simmer in pot (it should look bubbling)
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon Powder
We pour ready dough out on to a floured surface and rolled and set as shown in the video. Let rest another 1 hour before baking, preheated 180C (350F) oven. In our old oven, this took about 30 minutes instead of 45 minutes. Take Note : Don’t rely on video or written instructions to the T’s, need to see from our own equipment.
CHEF ANNA OLSEN’s video –