While most of us fret over insects invasion on our chilli, tomatoes or capsicum plants, Pak Mat believes that “Prevention is the best cure!”
Pak Mat made his own organic insects repellent which he sprayed on his plants once a week.
This is his recipe :
1. Garlic (ratio : 3 Garlic to 1 of the rest)
2. Blue ginger
5. Hot chillie padi (pepper) – About 10 pieces, soak in hot water first
6. Neem (Margosa) Oil (1 teaspoon)
7. Dish washing liquid (1 teaspoon)
- Into blender, items 1 – 5 (sliced portion, add bit by bit into blender)
- Add water to aid the blending
- Pour thick mixture on a siever to collect liquid in an empty container
- Add Neem oil and liquid detergent
- Stirred well and allow the liquid to sit overnight before using on plants
He advise caution for gardeners who like to try his remedy. The dosage is 5ml to a liter of water, adjust as necessary.
The liquid (in spray bottle, already mixed with water) will ferment over a few days if its not finished.
A thin layer of jelly substance appeared on the surface. This will not reduce its effectiveness, and its still safe for plants.
“The best way to see whether the above works well is to try on some leaves first. If everything is fine .. then only you spray on the rest of the plants.
Best time to spray is early morning or late evening. ”
He wanted to share what has work for him.
His plants have remained pests free so far. < Touch Wood!> 🙂
Last but not least, Pak Mat wanted to add a disclaimer, please try this at one’s own risk! 🙂